The LWN On-Demand series of webinars are perfect if you want to repeat one of the many webinars avavilable or to catch up if you were unable to attend on the day. Each was originally delivered live and attendees informed that the session was being recorded for future replay. Simply choose which title or titles interest you and watch as many of the selected On-Demand webinars at a time that suits you.
It’s free and convenient, and all HCPs are welcome.
At the end of the session, there is a very short evaluation and then you will receive a certificate for watching. Webinars from the LWN In Conversation series are a discussion-style delivery and do not have accompanying slides.
LWN webinars available On-Demand
New Year, New Start
Supporting behaviour change through Motivational Interviewing
Kickstart 2023 with a great new Learn With Nurses in Conversation webinar with guest speakers Jan Procter-King and Ali Oldam.
Join us for this exciting discussion-style webinar to learn about motivational interviewing and how it can help you in practice.
Recorded on 11th January 2023
Equality in cardiovascular care
– High level description of what our methodology and technology can provide above traditional market research.
– Why we decided to tackle this subject:
– Cardiovascular diseases are estimated to take 153,000 lives in the UK every year, and 17.9 million lives globally
– There is a proven disparity in quality of cardiovascular health because of social determinants of health like, sex and gender, and neighbourhood poverty, a root cause of which is inequality and bia
Recorded on 9th November 2022
Want to test your knowledge on Carbon Monoxide? Take the #LWNBigQuiz before and after the webinar and compare results.
Carbon Monoxide: a poison and a killer
- What is carbon monoxide poisoning? What can the effects be?
- How can carbon monoxide poisoning be detected/diagnosed?
- Is there any evidence that this is happening on a wide scale?
- What do nurses need to know?
- Are some people at higher risk?
Recorded 21st November 2022 as part of #COAW
The RCN magazine article on Carbon Monoxide poisoning features LWN Michaela Nuttall and her work for Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week. The article also contains a link to the RCN ‘Think CO’ training module.
Every 37 seconds somebody in the western world dies from a venous thromboembolism (VTE).
Most of these are related to a hospital admission and all healthcare professionals have an essential role to play in preventing and managing VTE.
Have a look, listen or play with our VTE series including our on-demand webinar, podcasts or The Big Quiz, where we aim to improve knowledge and confidence in:
- Prevention of VTE
- Early identification of VTE
- Diagnosing VTE
- Management of VTE
Webinar and podcasts recorded in October 2022
Nursing and holistic care. Is it really possible?
- What is holistic care?
- What are the frustrations of not being able to provide holistic care?
- Learning from the Parish Nursing model in providing holistic care:
- What is parish nursing?
- How does it work in practice?
- What can I take away from this to use in my own practice?
Recorded on 14th October 2022
“Medical Education Saves Lives”
Join Michaela and Phil as they discuss:
- The positive impact of medical education globally.
- How and why the amazing platform MedAll evolved to deliver medical education virtually
- The benefits for busy HCPs to register, view and access all things webinar related in one place.
Recorded on 28th September 2022
These webinars are part of the LWN series provided FREE to increase accessibility to all.
At LWN we feel it is important to continue to deliver FREE webinars, especially during the current cost of living crisis and global disasters restricting attendees’ ability to continue their professional development in healthcare and medical education. The trainers volunteer to deliver webinars without payment however there are back-office costs that have to be covered. If you would like to donate towards the costs incurred in providing webinars to help LWN continue to offer free webinars, please visit our LWN Donations page by clicking the DONATE button
New to LWN and interested in joining LWN events using MedAll?
Check out the guide for more information on the registration and certificate process.